Dear First Baptist Family;
Regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19); how we are responding to it and our responsibility to care for and protect our church family and the larger community by limiting the possibility of exposure.
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) is now classed as a pandemic resulting in all public schools cancelled for 2 weeks following March Break, and so many events and sports activities cancelled for the season, along with severe travel restrictions and etc, in order to try to contain the virus.
We need to take this very seriously; take appropriate preventative measures, but not give in to fear or panic. Ultimately, God is in control and we can rest in His sovereign plan for each of us as individuals; for us as His church, and in His ability to see us through any crises that may come our way. What a MIGHTY GOD we serve!
At the moment, March 14, we see no reason to cancel our Services (this may change) BUT we are making some adjustments. Services are now CANCELLED until further notice
Here is what you need to know:
- Take responsibility for caring for each other by caring for yourself. Please help us to protect our community by being proactive yourselves.
- wash your hands often
- if you have any signs of illness, please stay home.
- if you have travelled, or are suspicious of exposure, you should quarantine yourself for 14 days, even if you are showing no symptoms.
- if you are a senior citizen or have a compromised immune system, please consider staying home from any large gatherings.
At church: refrain from physical contact (handshakes, hugs, etc.) and encourage use of hand sanitizers and hand washing. offering plates will not be passed during the service; there will be collection containers at the back of the church we may modify how we serve communion…stay tuned. We need to be wise. Use extra precaution. If in doubt, please stay home. And remember that if you are at home and have a computer you can listen in through our live streaming via our website, www.firstbaptistbarrie.ca
- Let’s work together and pray together that this pandemic will soon be over and we will be back to normal.
Pastor Edwin and your church leadership
God is our refuge and strength and ever present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1